ATLAS ORV is taking Radius Rods to the next level. Designed using state of the art CAD software with Finite Element Analysis (FEA), these radius rods are engineered to perform. These High-Clearance Radius Rods are made from aircraft grade 7075 Aluminum billet. Why is this important? 7075 Aluminum is 1.8 times stronger than 6061 Aluminum and 2.8 times lighter than steel. All this means that you get the lightest weight, strongest Radius Arms out there.
- Made in the USA
- Direct bolt on replacement with no modifications required
- Radius Arms made from aircraft grade 7075 Aluminum
- Designed to keep your sprung weight low, so your tires spend more time on the ground.
– Upper Radius Rods weigh just 3.9lbs each
– Lower Radius Rods weigh just 4.2lbs each
- Bushings made from 303 Stainless Steel
- Spherical Bearings are self-lubricating Teflon lined, hardened zinc plated carbon steel
- Factory set length non-adjustable
- Lifetime warranty on arms*
Upper and lower nonadjustable factory length radius rods with bearings installed
Radius arms can be installed in 60-90 minutes
Bearings are an F1 fit (tight fit) to keep dirt out (they should be hard to move by hand)
* Bearings and bushings are replaceable wear items and not covered under warranty
- Polaris RZR PRO XP: 2020+
- Polaris RZR PRO XP 4: 2020+
How it was designed
FEA is a powerful software that allows the engineer to mimic exactly how a part is being used and gives a visual color map of the stress the part experiences. This gives the engineer the ability to see where the part needs to be thicker and where material can be removed. You can see in the video below that the lower radius rod has been designed to spread out the stress through the high clearance area. This also shows that big pockets can be machined out of the sides to reduce weight without affecting the strength of the part.
The lower radius rod was designed for two loading situations. First, the part was pulled to mimic a side load on the tire. After many iterations the profile was just the right balance of strength and weight. The second analysis loaded the arm to mimic catching on a rock. This test helped improve the design of the pockets and showed where material needed to be added back in and where some could be removed.
Superior design from us means superior off-roading for you.